[Help] Flash player shut down

I know a few private servers are looking into it. The main problem is the way Conquer implemented Flash. They used the ActiveX flash component, which means all open source flash replacements won't work. This is going to be a very tricky problem to solve. I've floated a few ideas around, but haven't tried any yet. Ex. running Wine via WSL to emulate older versions of Flash and ActiveX... but dang is that overkill and probably not going to work.

Also, moving this to the Conquer Online section.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

It looks like Ultimation released a fix for it on epvp. It requires a bit of hooking though, and I'm not sure how long that fix will last if Microsoft also removes flash from Windows 10. I think Moh said he's planning on releasing the fix here tomorrow (or whenever he can get around to it). So look out for that.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

Mugaru wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:05 pm The fix Ultimation posted did indeed work :-)!

Is Moh releasing something different or that fix?
I'll remind him, but this definitely isn't a long term fix. Microsoft is expected to remove flash from Windows 10 as a recommended update starting in Spring, and as a required update in Summer 2021. The clock is ticking... Unless you're willing to hook and code a new login and character creation screen for the client, this is the death of Conquer Online private servers between patches 5031 and around 6187. It's impacted my development efforts as well.
Interested in my work?

Spirited wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:33 am
Mugaru wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:05 pm The fix Ultimation posted did indeed work :-)!

Is Moh releasing something different or that fix?
I'll remind him, but this definitely isn't a long term fix. Microsoft is expected to remove flash from Windows 10 as a recommended update starting in Spring, and as a required update in Summer 2021. The clock is ticking... Unless you're willing to hook and code a new login and character creation screen for the client, this is the death of Conquer Online private servers between patches 5031 and around 6187. It's impacted my development efforts as well.
I see... hooking and coding a new login is a bit too much work for me i guess :-p, to be honest, my knowledge isn't at that level..

I'll be honest, my skill level in client hooks and custom windows is also very low. I know how to in theory, but not practice. At the end of the day, I'm just a service engineer. For now, I'm just developing for a lower patch. Learning how to do this isn't my highest priority... but I look forward to seeing what people come up with.
Interested in my work?

Spirited wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:06 pm I'll be honest, my skill level in client hooks and custom windows is also very low. I know how to in theory, but not practice. At the end of the day, I'm just a service engineer. For now, I'm just developing for a lower patch. Learning how to do this isn't my highest priority... but I look forward to seeing what people come up with.
that is how i do feel too.

but "thinking out loud" now... what if we try to replicate what the new client does now?
sincerely,
adrian
software engineer