Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

Hello Cooldown, I'm here to release (partially) the Canyon Suite.

Canyon Suite is a Conquer Online bundle composed by the Game Server, Web APIs and Website (will not be released due to licensing issues), Launcher, Auto Backup and Discord Bot. Everything is being tested actually in a live server which is currently working with 70-130 online players.

Everything is on Beta right now, so if anyone plans to use any of this be aware that there might be errors. The Launcher itself is not complete yet but it'll be soon.

What is being released right now? Click here to check all repositories What will be released in close future?
  • Discord Bot
Q: Login server won't startup due to invalid client error, what can I do?
R: You can create an API to provide the login information or you can change the login sequence to communicate with a MySQL Server. I aint providing my current Web API.

Canyon (Login, Game, Ai Servers) - Comet Based (Target Version 6192)
The Conquer Online game server, this server targets the version 6192 of the official english client. It still do not support DragonWarrior class or Epic Weapons, those will be added after finishing the Tournaments of the game (ElitePK, TeamPK, SkillTeamPK).
This is probably the most complete high version public source which actually handles things like Conquer did. I were a player at that version and I am trying to achieve what I used to play at that age.
It's compatible with the latest leaked CQ database (and you'll probably need it to get some tables working), besides what's in the repository I aint sending updated database file.

Dragon - Launcher
The launcher is ready for version 6192 with Server.dat injection. This version does not have Flash anymore, so you don't need to release the launcher with Flash module.
The Launcher has been done with .NET 7 and has a publish profile which will create an executable that may run in any Windows Version without installing anything. The downside is that it's a 150mb folder.
Canyon stress bot
A simple tool which will login as many fake accounts as you need to stress your server. The bots walks, jump and attack. (AI must need some work btw)

Edit:
Added a database dump with latest structures and some data. It contains no cq_action or cq_task data.

Edit 2023-08-15:
Added database structure for version 6192. No data or LUA scripts will be provided for this.

Edit 2023-10-09:
Added a provider for Keycloak to use within Canyon for OIDC.

Credits:
@Spirited for Dragon and Comet
Lee for the help with client addresses
Last edited by Konichu on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Don't PM me, I won't give Canyon 6192 complete lua or database.

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6090)

Great job with this! I'm looking forward to reading through your changes more once I'm done moving. If you wanna... you can also set up pull requests against Dragon or Comet with things you feel are relevant. Only if you wanna, though. I'd be happy to review them from my phone. Again, great work on this. Can't wait until I have some time to skim through it.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

The game source code is public now.
Database probably is targeting 5838 and may have some structures missing. I won't be providing this for now since it has a lot of work in the database, but if you have the leaked database assets from 6900 it will fit for a lot of stuff.

Client wont be provided, I still use retail 6090 client with no edits.

Omicron wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:08 pm Small suggestion regarding the backup tool, you could also set up a scheduler in the OS. That way you won’t need to keep the program running.
I was thinking about it too, but I'm thinking about adding more features to this.
Maybe a maintenance server or something to automate other stuff.

Konichu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:53 am Just had an issue in the running server: monsters stopped to respawn.
Reason: Server 24 days online
Solution: Restart windows
Headache: 1 hour debugging code to think about Environment.TickCount
This is because Environment.TickCount returns values from Int32.MinValue to Int32.MaxValue. Therefore, if the system has been running for 24.9 days, the counter will turn negative and the expression Expired = Environment.TickCount-Elapsed > Timeout will return false for the next 24.9 days.

Malice wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 am
Konichu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:53 am Just had an issue in the running server: monsters stopped to respawn.
Reason: Server 24 days online
Solution: Restart windows
Headache: 1 hour debugging code to think about Environment.TickCount
This is because Environment.TickCount returns values from Int32.MinValue to Int32.MaxValue. Therefore, if the system has been running for 24.9 days, the counter will turn negative and the expression Expired = Environment.TickCount-Elapsed > Timeout will return false for the next 24.9 days.
Yeah, I know. I did forget about it and then lost some time trying to solve the problem.