Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

51
kennylovecode wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:29 am The first , thanks for shared !
I believe it's driven by a spirit of dedication

But when I cloned the code repository locally, I found that I wanted to compile the source code and run it. . . This requires me to have strong code reading skills

Moreover, the database is not complete, and project files often have missing configuration items.
For example, when I tried to run the Canyon.GM.Panel project, even the most basic database link string was not included in the configuration items. I needed to compare them one by one and improve them.
Then you have to modify the warehousing mapping, and the table name does not correspond. . . .

Maybe I need to spend a lot of time on this, and there is no guidance document. . .

But it's still cool. This is best one of the `Conquer Online` open source projects I've seen that has a clearer structure and is easier to manage later.
And the structure of the database is also very clear, basically consistent with the official library, which surprised me. Unfortunately, there is no data reference.

Of course, this is also thanks to "Fang"'s open source contribution to the infrastructure project Comet.

Hope this gets better and better. . . .
I'm actually really happy seeing this project. Not a lot of projects get forked and improved in the Conquer Online community while also remaining open-source and active. This is one of the only examples I've seen. It's really cool to see Dragon also getting used for the launcher. You can always contribute back to his project via pull requests if you want to see those things.

Fang is my old name, btw. I changed it to Spirited a long time ago, but it still gets referenced here and there.
This is the original project Canyon was forked from: https://gitlab.com/spirited/comet
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

52
Spirited wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:16 am
kennylovecode wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:29 am The first , thanks for shared !
I believe it's driven by a spirit of dedication

But when I cloned the code repository locally, I found that I wanted to compile the source code and run it. . . This requires me to have strong code reading skills

Moreover, the database is not complete, and project files often have missing configuration items.
For example, when I tried to run the Canyon.GM.Panel project, even the most basic database link string was not included in the configuration items. I needed to compare them one by one and improve them.
Then you have to modify the warehousing mapping, and the table name does not correspond. . . .

Maybe I need to spend a lot of time on this, and there is no guidance document. . .

But it's still cool. This is best one of the `Conquer Online` open source projects I've seen that has a clearer structure and is easier to manage later.
And the structure of the database is also very clear, basically consistent with the official library, which surprised me. Unfortunately, there is no data reference.

Of course, this is also thanks to "Fang"'s open source contribution to the infrastructure project Comet.

Hope this gets better and better. . . .
I'm actually really happy seeing this project. Not a lot of projects get forked and improved in the Conquer Online community while also remaining open-source and active. This is one of the only examples I've seen. It's really cool to see Dragon also getting used for the launcher. You can always contribute back to his project via pull requests if you want to see those things.

Fang is my old name, btw. I changed it to Spirited a long time ago, but it still gets referenced here and there.
This is the original project Canyon was forked from: https://gitlab.com/spirited/comet

I also think so... but i thinks some body really hard for setup canyon to test the game without guide....

Firstly, people need to have a good understanding of the Comet project. Secondly, they need to have a good foundation in C #, and then you need to have the ability to independently debug and solve problems before you can log in to the game.

I think an excellent product should be easy to use for anyone with simple configuration, although I know it's not a product, I'm just making a constructive idea.
I will also try to create my own server based on Comet in the future..

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

53
I am reworking the game source code using same base and code but simplifying things. There is no tutorial on this source to avoid leechers to create scam servers with this.

This source still need work and has some incomplete features but I believe it's pretty stable and works perfectly with official stuff (LUA and DB), I provided a lot of stuff that even incomplete would be enough for scammers to create servers easily, so I will not provide a guide for this.

Even for me it takes some time to setup hosting environments, and I say this because I had to setup a US server after couple months of my BR one.

Don't get me wrong, but after the first complete setup you'll see how it's easy to work on Canyon.
Image

Don't PM me, I won't give Canyon 6192 complete lua or database.

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

54
Konichu wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:17 pm
Alisson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 pm So I think I figured it out, I didn't configure the api part of the accs, I'll try to remove it and add it via mysql.
Just define the preprocessor variable USE_MYSQL_DB
https://gitlab.com/world-conquer-online ... =heads#L21

Just add a try/catch block to avoid logins getting stuck if DB is not online
https://gitlab.com/world-conquer-online ... e=heads#L7
I had already defined it, and ended up in the Account Repository, now I'm going to create this part of the try.
kennylovecode wrote: The first , thanks for shared !
I believe it's driven by a spirit of dedication

But when I cloned the code repository locally, I found that I wanted to compile the source code and run it. . . This requires me to have strong code reading skills

Moreover, the database is not complete, and project files often have missing configuration items.
For example, when I tried to run the Canyon.GM.Panel project, even the most basic database link string was not included in the configuration items. I needed to compare them one by one and improve them.
Then you have to modify the warehousing mapping, and the table name does not correspond. . . .

Maybe I need to spend a lot of time on this, and there is no guidance document. . .

But it's still cool. This is best one of the `Conquer Online` open source projects I've seen that has a clearer structure and is easier to manage later.
And the structure of the database is also very clear, basically consistent with the official library, which surprised me. Unfortunately, there is no data reference.

Of course, this is also thanks to "Fang"'s open source contribution to the infrastructure project Comet.

Hope this gets better and better. . . .
The hardest part they've already done, the emulator is ''ready'', regarding the documentation, any line of code you put in a chat bot will tell you what it's for and what it does, the person just has to run after it. and find out :D

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

55
I mean, I'm personally in favor of making things more accessible rather than obfuscated. There's no stopping scammers in any private server community; Conquer Online isn't an exception to that. But making things more accessible also means an easier entry point for those who aren't as well versed in C#. On that note though, just due to the complexity of Conquer Online and the state of projects as a whole, there's really no getting around needing to know C# right now. Saying that's a requirement is sorta gonna get you a "well, duh" response from most people. Maybe that can change sometime in the future (like Comet was going to be dockerized with a dashboard / installation web project for setting it up easily), but that's just the state of things for now.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

56
Spirited wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm I mean, I'm personally in favor of making things more accessible rather than obfuscated. There's no stopping scammers in any private server community; Conquer Online isn't an exception to that. But making things more accessible also means an easier entry point for those who aren't as well versed in C#. On that note though, just due to the complexity of Conquer Online and the state of projects as a whole, there's really no getting around needing to know C# right now. Saying that's a requirement is sorta gonna get you a "well, duh" response from most people. Maybe that can change sometime in the future (like Comet was going to be dockerized with a dashboard / installation web project for setting it up easily), but that's just the state of things for now.
I'm working on a simplified version that I'm also trying to improve some stuff. It'll see sunlight soon and I'll replace the links in the main post.
It's not that I don't want to create a guide on how to setup stuff, but I tried to record a video and it took me more than 1 hour of explanations... then my wife just entered the room screaming because of a bug and I deleted it.
Image

Don't PM me, I won't give Canyon 6192 complete lua or database.

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

57
Konichu wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:29 pm I am reworking the game source code using same base and code but simplifying things. There is no tutorial on this source to avoid leechers to create scam servers with this.

This source still need work and has some incomplete features but I believe it's pretty stable and works perfectly with official stuff (LUA and DB), I provided a lot of stuff that even incomplete would be enough for scammers to create servers easily, so I will not provide a guide for this.

Even for me it takes some time to setup hosting environments, and I say this because I had to setup a US server after couple months of my BR one.

Don't get me wrong, but after the first complete setup you'll see how it's easy to work on Canyon.
that's cool . I agree most about your idea to stop easy setup scam server ...

but ... i think scamer smart too .... just .... Maybe it's just setting obstacles for some beginners

That's why I have such doubts, but I fully appreciate your ideas and contributions, because it's really not easy

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

58
Alisson wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:40 pm
Konichu wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:17 pm
Alisson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 pm So I think I figured it out, I didn't configure the api part of the accs, I'll try to remove it and add it via mysql.
Just define the preprocessor variable USE_MYSQL_DB
https://gitlab.com/world-conquer-online ... =heads#L21

Just add a try/catch block to avoid logins getting stuck if DB is not online
https://gitlab.com/world-conquer-online ... e=heads#L7
I had already defined it, and ended up in the Account Repository, now I'm going to create this part of the try.
kennylovecode wrote: The first , thanks for shared !
I believe it's driven by a spirit of dedication

But when I cloned the code repository locally, I found that I wanted to compile the source code and run it. . . This requires me to have strong code reading skills

Moreover, the database is not complete, and project files often have missing configuration items.
For example, when I tried to run the Canyon.GM.Panel project, even the most basic database link string was not included in the configuration items. I needed to compare them one by one and improve them.
Then you have to modify the warehousing mapping, and the table name does not correspond. . . .

Maybe I need to spend a lot of time on this, and there is no guidance document. . .

But it's still cool. This is best one of the `Conquer Online` open source projects I've seen that has a clearer structure and is easier to manage later.
And the structure of the database is also very clear, basically consistent with the official library, which surprised me. Unfortunately, there is no data reference.

Of course, this is also thanks to "Fang"'s open source contribution to the infrastructure project Comet.

Hope this gets better and better. . . .
The hardest part they've already done, the emulator is ''ready'', regarding the documentation, any line of code you put in a chat bot will tell you what it's for and what it does, the person just has to run after it. and find out :D

YEA. I know that'.... THKS

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

59
Spirited wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm I mean, I'm personally in favor of making things more accessible rather than obfuscated. There's no stopping scammers in any private server community; Conquer Online isn't an exception to that. But making things more accessible also means an easier entry point for those who aren't as well versed in C#. On that note though, just due to the complexity of Conquer Online and the state of projects as a whole, there's really no getting around needing to know C# right now. Saying that's a requirement is sorta gonna get you a "well, duh" response from most people. Maybe that can change sometime in the future (like Comet was going to be dockerized with a dashboard / installation web project for setting it up easily), but that's just the state of things for now.
HAHA ...
That's really right
“ There's no stopping scammers in any private server community” change " There's no stopping scammers in any where"
scammer study scam very time ... because, it's they work ...

Canyon Suite: A Comet project (for 6192)

60
Konichu wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:06 am
Spirited wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm I mean, I'm personally in favor of making things more accessible rather than obfuscated. There's no stopping scammers in any private server community; Conquer Online isn't an exception to that. But making things more accessible also means an easier entry point for those who aren't as well versed in C#. On that note though, just due to the complexity of Conquer Online and the state of projects as a whole, there's really no getting around needing to know C# right now. Saying that's a requirement is sorta gonna get you a "well, duh" response from most people. Maybe that can change sometime in the future (like Comet was going to be dockerized with a dashboard / installation web project for setting it up easily), but that's just the state of things for now.
I'm working on a simplified version that I'm also trying to improve some stuff. It'll see sunlight soon and I'll replace the links in the main post.
It's not that I don't want to create a guide on how to setup stuff, but I tried to record a video and it took me more than 1 hour of explanations... then my wife just entered the room screaming because of a bug and I deleted it.
take care .... keep family emotion heath is more importants.... BRO