Daily-Quest

ashibi wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:47 pm Hello, small question the daily quests are not available on the source I downloaded I would like to know how I could add daily quests?
Uh... hard to answer this when you provided no other information. Generally, you add NPCs and dialogs for the quests, and add a method of tracking quest completion for the day (likely using persistent storage like MySQL or however your source saves items and characters).
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Daily-Quest

I'm not great in programming [still new to this] but you can try with a newer co source that contain the daily quest code already wrote. If you are lucky you can find the right code and just copy-paste into your co source. Or you just use the other co source code as example and build your own code and maybe you can improve it.

Daily-Quest

Copac wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 pm I'm not great in programming [still new to this] but you can try with a newer co source that contain the daily quest code already wrote. If you are lucky you can find the right code and just copy-paste into your co source. Or you just use the other co source code as example and build your own code and maybe you can improve it.
Just be very careful when copying and pasting code you don't fully understand. It wasn't that long ago that a backdoor was put in one source's remote warehouse implementation. It allowed anyone to delete all accounts and characters on the server by ending a certain gold amount into the warehouse.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Daily-Quest

Agree! Interesting things you can find in some co sources :). From backdoor code to infected files. Always need to read code line by line to be sure is what you need. I like to build things from zero and use others code as reference and test it many times to be sure is working fine.