ConquerServerV3 help topic

Hello guys, after 10 years I'm trying to build a conquer server again to play with some friends, a little over 10 people.

I looked at several sources available here on the forum and got excited about the CSV3 source. I downloaded it and found a database through elitepvpers. I was able to run it using Visual Studio 2022 with .NET 4.8.

However, every time I try to log in using the launcher provided and the client version 5619, an error appears “disconnected with game server. please login the game again”, when I enter a wrong password the invalid password message appears. I tried to debug the GameServer and found the following error: “Disconnect -> Reason: DHExchange() - connection aborted”.

I can't tell if the database I'm using is complete or corrupted, I also don't have much experience with C#, my strength is other programming languages, but I can understand it well. Can anyone help me or does anyone have a recommendation for a source that is playable.

Spirited wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:38 pm Are you using a clean client? If not, then I'd try that first.
Yes, I'm using a client you provided in another topic, I downloaded version 5615 and updated to 5619 using the available paths. I also tried using other launchers available here on the forum like ConquerLauncher5.2 and it didn't work either.

Ah, if you're using that source, then you need to use the provided launcher in the project. It's because that version of Conquer Online uses SRP6. Back then, that wasn't public knowledge or a public implementation, so the launcher included in CSV3 bypasses SRP6 and reimplements RC5 (the previous password encryption).
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Spirited wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 pm Ah, if you're using that source, then you need to use the provided launcher in the project. It's because that version of Conquer Online uses SRP6. Back then, that wasn't public knowledge or a public implementation, so the launcher included in CSV3 bypasses SRP6 and reimplements RC5 (the previous password encryption).
Thank you very much for this explanation! It worked to upload the server and test perfectly.

jhorlima wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:59 pm
Spirited wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 pm Ah, if you're using that source, then you need to use the provided launcher in the project. It's because that version of Conquer Online uses SRP6. Back then, that wasn't public knowledge or a public implementation, so the launcher included in CSV3 bypasses SRP6 and reimplements RC5 (the previous password encryption).
Thank you very much for this explanation! It worked to upload the server and test perfectly.
Awesome! Congrats, and I hope you enjoy running your server.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website