Guide: Client Downloads

danielezra wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm Conquer Online private server?

To be honest with you, I am not a big fan of Conquer Online. I played it a lot during 2004-2005 and also during 2013-2014, and I have had enough of that game. It's nothing special to me; and that game still exists, you can still play it, Unlike Era of Faint.
Era of Faith means a lot to me. I liked it a lot when I was a teenager, and I miss that game a lot; it's very nostalgic for me. Every 1-2 years, I check on Google about that game, that's how I found the cooldown.dev website.

I have a lot of spare time this month, and I know C# very well. I can learn C+/C++ and use ChatGPT if I need help in C+/C++ coding.
I want to try making a private server for Era of Faint or at least make the game playable on my PC. However, I don't even know how to start or what programs to use for that.
Well, this conversation may be better on the thread for the server project:
eof-projects/release-faith-emulator-t170.html

But generally, you'll be using Qt Creator. It looks like the source uses MySQL as well, so you'll need to install that. MariaDB is a good drop-in replacement for MySQL and easy to install. MySQL Workbench is a good tool for viewing what's in the database and importing databases.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website