Treasure Hunts

So, if ya'll know the game Runescape; I'm planning on creating "Clue Scrolls" in Conquer. I haven't touched my server in a while cause I've been busy and just down lately lol, so a change might help give a bit of motivation.

Kind of wanted the community to help with the project if anyone was interested.

Just need to have some ideas as to what "clues" and "steps" would be added to the game and what type of rewards should be in there.

For those who don't know what clue scrolls are, here's a little bit of information: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Treasure_Trails

I had some ideas but while talking to some friends who were screaming, my thoughts left me... but it would be cool if as a community, we could create something that multiple servers might use as well.
Want to work on a 5065 Server together? Join me on Discord.
You don't need to know how to program, we can learn together. I'm working on a public Source and would like to keep it that way, which means giving it out upon request.

Treasure Hunts

Well, there're plenty of landmarks in the game. Like a pillar in the crystal eye of the desert, a fortress bombarded by sand, or a fisherman in the reeds. There aren't too many actions in Conquer, unfortunately. Like fishing (which could be added, I suppose). Attacking, mining, talking, buying / selling items, being given items / notes from NPCs, striking a pose, friending an entity, trading, etc. are all actions currently supported that could be used? I don't know much about Runescape, but I love the idea.
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Treasure Hunts

Spirited wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:39 pm Well, there're plenty of landmarks in the game. Like a pillar in the crystal eye of the desert, a fortress bombarded by sand, or a fisherman in the reeds. There aren't too many actions in Conquer, unfortunately. Like fishing (which could be added, I suppose). Attacking, mining, talking, buying / selling items, being given items / notes from NPCs, striking a pose, friending an entity, trading, etc. are all actions currently supported that could be used? I don't know much about Runescape, but I love the idea.
The ideas that ran through my head at the moment were:
  • If player's inventory contains item and the clue is a pose, if the NPC is on screen, the clue step is accepted.
  • (Sadly I'm currently on 5065) Higher Clients currently have a "Chopping Tree" and "Fishing" option from those old events. If I were to upgrade my server, I might make some of those trees and add fishing spots around random areas in the world. Same goes for farming, I was thinking of adding Farming since we already have the crop areas in Twin City and on House 5, some other maps too but I would need to look into it. As for mining, it's already in the game.
  • In my server, I'm removing equipment restrictions. I will be making certain equipment only equitable on a stat-basis, for example the higher level a backsword is or Bow, the higher Spirit or Agility your character will require. This also means that other equipment can be equipped leaving the option of "Your character needs to have this stuff equipped while talking to an NPC and have the clue step in order to receive the new clue/reward.
The game has a lot of options, mostly on higher end clients that can be used and I think it's a great idea to add. It will be a lot of work and like you said, we already have the mining options and they can also get "Clue Scrolls" from killing monsters. It's just a matter of the time that it's going to take me to create it and the ideas required for those clues.

It's a long term project, but it's not like if I have a time limit for my own server or anything. Could take me 100 years to complete and I still wouldn't be sad about it. If other people want to contribute or add the options to their servers, that's fine and that's mostly what I do(give ideas that take me a long time to implement) . I'd love to see a lot of new ideas and features added to servers that have the capability of doing it. Hopping on a server to just see "Top FB/SS, Top PK, Top Money" events and such don't give me as much enjoyment as finding a new feature that I've never seen on the game.

I'm currently a mess with all the things I want to add and work on, specially with a little bit of ADHD lol. So someone pointed it out to me and I decided to put everything on a repository, specially since most of the things I work on are going to be public if people want it or want to use it as reference. Just need to know what the best spot to keep things at would be. Thinking of Github, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd gladly look into it.
You don't need to know how to program, we can learn together. I'm working on a public Source and would like to keep it that way, which means giving it out upon request.

Treasure Hunts

I had no idea there were tree chopping, farming, and fishing actions in the newer clients. Do you know what patch those appeared around?
Interested in my work?

If you wanna learn more about me and my projects: visit my portfolio website. There, you can find my free, open-source work and articles about game development. Due to contractual restrictions: I am not available for job requests or volunteer work.

About Me | GitLab Profile | Website

Treasure Hunts

Farming was released with the House 5 2nd upgrade patch(It was a shitty release ngl, could be better). As for fishing and chopping trees, no idea. Those were released with those old Thanksgiving/Christmas events back in the days. I don't remember if we had an animation for chopping trees, but the fishing was a shitty kneel animation with a load bar, but we did have a wieldable rod, it's gotta be somewhere in the clients. Wondering how difficult it may be to re-do some animations or fuse some together to get a better outcome.

Treasure Hunts

Spirited wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:59 pm I had no idea there were tree chopping, farming, and fishing actions in the newer clients. Do you know what patch those appeared around?
The version that you like (around 5600) does have the progress bar feature.

Code: Select all

await user.SendAsync(new MsgAction
            {
                Action = ActionType.ProgressBar,
                Identity = user.Identity,
                Command = (uint)unknown,
                Direction = 1, // yes, fixed
                MapColor = (uint)seconds,
                Strings = new List<string>
                {
            });
Action Type: 164

Encode:

Code: Select all

using var writer = new PacketWriter();
            writer.Write((ushort)PacketType.MsgAction);
            writer.Write(Environment.TickCount); // 4
            writer.Write(Identity); // 8
            writer.Write(Command); // 12
            writer.Write(Argument); // 16
            writer.Write(Timestamp); // 20
            writer.Write((ushort)Action); // 24
            writer.Write(Direction); // 26
            writer.Write(X); // 28
            writer.Write(Y); // 30
            writer.Write(Map); // 32
            writer.Write(MapColor); // 36
            writer.Write((byte)0); // 40
            writer.Write(Strings); // 41
            return writer.ToArray();

Don't PM me, I won't give Canyon 6192 complete database.